Splunk Enterprise Security

Is there a way to have a duration value account for weekends

Funderburg78
Path Finder

So in python coding you can use rrule to assign weekends in weeks and subtract them from your calculation.  I ask because I am getting a Ticket open dat, and a ticket close date and I am attempting to determine SLA values based on working days (i.e.; we are not open weekends and are only open 6am-6pm) for tickets that span nights or weekends, how can i remove those time values dynamically for data that is being automatically pulled from a ticket system and not using a static value like an excel spreadsheet.  i.e.; This needs to be able to continue updating as time goes....  Bonus points if you can help account for a 6am - 6pm workday for SLA timers... Bonus bonus if you know how to exclude holidays, LOL

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Funderburg78
Path Finder

I will try adapting this tomorrow and let you know if I have any issues 😛  Thanks so much for the reply.  If it works I will mark it as a solution as well.  In the meantime, Karma for the starting point 😛

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I answered a similar question about a month ago.

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/count-time-of-my-select-time-within-week-ends/m-p/5531...

The principle could be adapted to take account of time left in the day at the beginning and time used in the day at the end and multiplying the number of intervening work days by 12 hours and adding on the previously calculated partial days.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...