Splunk Enterprise Security

Is it possible to use the licensed version of Splunk Enterprise Security on top of Splunk Light free trial version?

Monica7

Is it possible to use the Licensed version of the Splunk Enterprise Security on top of Splunk Light free trial version?

Can you please share with me the licensing cost of both Splunk Light and Splunk Enterprise Security?

0 Karma

PPape
Contributor

Hi Monica,

this is not possible. In Splunk Light the App Model is not available.
So you coulduse the data inputs. But you can't use the Dashboards and searchhead Apps. And this is where the magic happens.

To use Splunk Enterprise Security you need Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud.

Monica7

ok Thanks PPape. Could you please share me the license cost details of Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud.

If i am using purchased version of Splunk Enterprise, will i be able to use Splunk App for Enterprise security?or do i need to get separate license for Splunk App for Enterprise security.?

0 Karma

PPape
Contributor

Here you can see the Prices for Enterprise and Cloud.
The Splunk Enterprise App for Security is an App that needs an extra license ontop of your Splunk Enterprise or Cloud license.

Best way is to contact a Partner in your region or the Splunk Sales Staff.

Where are you from?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Monica7,
No because access to Splunk Premium Solution is disabled!
see https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/splunk-enterprise/free-vs-enterprise.html
Bye.
Giuseppe

Monica7

ok .If we are using licensed version of Splunk light, then is it possible to use Splunk Enterprise Security(Premium solution)?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Monica7,
I'm not sure because in https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/splunk-light/splunk-light-vs-splunk-enterprise.html Splunk says that Packaged Apps are disabled in Splunk Light.
Every way, to be sure contact your Splunk Channel Manager.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

Monica7

Thanks Giuseppe.Can i have some contact number to get it clarified?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Monica7,
I don't know what is your country, I can give you only the Italian Channel Manager, but every way you can ask this to Splunk Support.
Haven't you an access to the Parner Portal?
In the Partner Portal there is a clear information about your Channel Manager and you can access to rich information, documents, on line training and manage Cases.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

Monica7

ok .I am not sure whether i am having access to Partner Portal.Could you please share me the url to access this. I am from India

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...