Splunk Enterprise Security

Is it possible to make it mandatory to assign Dispositions to Notable Events in ES?

ezmo1982
Path Finder

Hi,

Notable events in ES can now be assigned Dispositions. I am able to create new Dispositions from the Incident Review page and enable/disable them. From the reviewsettings.conf file i can also set a default one, set it to Hidden etc.

However I am looking see if there is a way for Dispositions are required to be set when anyone edits a notable event from the Incident Review tab. I want to have "Unassigned" as the default one. But then require any of the others to be assigned when a notable is edited. Kind of similar to the way Comments can be set to Required. Basically i need them to be mandatory.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Forwarders and Forced Time Based Load Balancing

Splunk customers use universal forwarders to collect and send data to Splunk. A universal forwarder can send ...

NEW! Log Views in Splunk Observability Dashboards Gives Context From a Single Page

Today, Splunk Observability releases log views, a new feature for users to add their logs data from Splunk Log ...

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...