Splunk Enterprise Security

In Splunk Enterprise Security, how do I make a query that shows user account creation and deletion over time?

IWilsonR
Engager

I need a query that shows Unix user Account Creation And Deletion within 24 hours time.

Right now, i have this below query which throws a result when a user is created or deleted.

index=Linux_os eventtype="linux_sec" (eventtype=useradd OR eventtype=userdel) user=* dest=* name=* | eval time=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")|stats list(dest) as Destination list(name) as Action list(time) as Time  by user

I need a query that shows Account Creation And Deletion within 24 hours time. Please help

0 Karma

whrg
Motivator

Hello @IWilsonR,

I found a question on SplunkAnswers which is very similar to yours: Account Creation And Deletion within a given time.

Try this search using the transaction command:

index=Linux_os eventtype="linux_sec"
| transaction user startswith=eventtype=useradd endswith=eventtype=userdel maxevents=2
| where duration<24*3600

This should work too:

index=Linux_os eventtype="linux_sec"
| transaction user startswith=eventtype=useradd endswith=eventtype=userdel maxevents=2 maxspan=24h
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...