Splunk Enterprise Security

Identifying events that originate greater than 50 miles from a lon\lat.

bbraun

Hello,

We have multiple international locations (Japan, Italy, Spain ect...) and are looking to identify events that occur outside a 50 mile radius from each location using their latitude and longitude. The end goal is to set different thresholds for these sites. Id imagine ill need to create a lookup for each locations latitude and longitude for the query to reference.

I'm not exactly sure where to begin and hope you guys can point me in the right direction.

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

Have you looked access anomalies dashboard which is available as part of user activity monitoring? Geographically Improbable Accesses - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/5.3.0/User/UserRisk#Access_Anomalies

0 Karma

bbraun

yea, I figured I could steal logic from the Correlation Search as a plan B. I was hoping someone had already tackled this issue since I dont have a lot of experience building queries.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...