Splunk Enterprise Security

IF statement unable to pickup up from field

krish3
Contributor

Below is my query to separate priority accounts of AD based on group name but I am unable to assign any priority based on groups...

|ldapsearch domain=domain.com search="(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectClass=computer)))"
|makemv userAccountControl
|search userAccountControl="NORMAL_ACCOUNT" 
|eval priority=if(memberOf="Executive Account","high","medium")|stats count by priority

And also i would like to mention that below search gives me results without if condition

|ldapsearch domain=domain.com search="(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectClass=computer)))"
|makemv userAccountControl
|search userAccountControl="NORMAL_ACCOUNT" 
|search "Executive Accounts"

Also please let me know if any other alternative queries for importing the identities to ES App based on group wise priority.

Thanks,

0 Karma
1 Solution

krish3
Contributor

Hey Guys,

Thanks. I was able to make it work using like function of eval command.

But still not sure why it was not able work on using field=value condition

View solution in original post

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I do believe memberOf is a multivalue (or can be) field. So matching in the case of multiple group memberships will have some difficulty here.

0 Karma

krish3
Contributor

Hey Guys,

Thanks. I was able to make it work using like function of eval command.

But still not sure why it was not able work on using field=value condition

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...