Splunk Enterprise Security

How to customize Threat Activity dashboard by adding new fields?

user2020dy
Path Finder

Hello!

I am experiencing troubles with analyzing Threat Intelligence data in Enterprise Security.  When I go to Security Intelligence -> Threat Intelligence -> Threat Activity, here is Threat Activity Details panel. 

1.png

It would be great if you can help me with the following questions:

1) The data for this panel it taken from Threat Intelligence datamodel (threat_activity index).  As I undersand correctly,  threat_activity index is filled with the help of all these searches (Certificates Intelligence, Email Intelligence, etc.)

user2020dy_0-1615535066432.png

Can you please show me the example how to add some more data to this index, because I would like to receive the information not only about the threat match field, but also about the Data Model (from where the threat match field came from), about the type of data (rec_type_simple), src and dest ports, etc.

2) Here in Threat Activity Details panel we have a field threat_group (misp_es_domain_intel, misp_es_ip_intel). If you are aware please tell me where I can change this field (I would like to add a pipe delimited field  from lookup, so that it looks like misp_es_domain_intel | CERT). I have reviewed the full search already, which forms Threat Activity Details panel, but

user2020dy_1-1615535984603.png

but here are a lot of macros and I get lost where exactly I should change the threat_group field.

syazwani
Path Finder

Hi, have you found solution for this? Im currently facing the same issue. Need to add more information.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...