Splunk Enterprise Security

How to create notable manually with selected timestamp?

bluewizard
Explorer

| stats count 
| eval _time="1685158808"
| eval rule_title="Test notable" 
| eval security_domain="Network"
| eval urgency="Medium"
| eval rule_name="Test rule"
| eval dest="8.8.8.8"
| eval src="1.1.1" 
| eval desc="Please investigate firewall log, and action"
| sendalert notable param.mapfields=_time,desc,rule_id,rule_name,nes_fields,drilldown_name,drilldown_search,governance,control,default_owner,drilldown_earliest_offset,drilldown_latest_offset,next_steps,investigation_profiles,extract_artifacts,recommended_actions

Is it possible to use a timestamp to change the notable creation date time? it is creating notable everytime i hit search with the above query.`

Additionally how do i move my description from below to the above description?

bluewizard_0-1685419359576.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

meetmshah
Contributor

AFAIK, The notable time is the time when the event gets triggered and indexed (and not _time from the events). However, I have heard that there is a feature in the upcoming version of ES where we can select notable time.

0 Karma

bluewizard
Explorer

is this technically possible, or everytime i run sendalert notable it will create a notable with time now?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...