Splunk Enterprise Security

How to create Enterprise Security custom roles and have Notables dashboard different for each roles?

koshyk
Super Champion

hi
anyone created "custom" roles in Enterprise Security and re-used the notables dashboard (security events) ?
We have multiple teams to cater for security, and was thinking of sending specific alerts to Security group based on their roles

The only requirement is
- ONE user should not be able to view the alerts of other user
- But OK, if they want to search index and see it. So we don't need index level restrictions, but ONLY view/dashboard/notable level segregation

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

I am not sure whether you can achieve this using custom ES role or not but here is the blog post https://www.splunk.com/blog/2017/03/20/assigning-role-based.html to create custom role in ES

koshyk
Super Champion

thanks harsha. That's interesting read. Will have a try and let you know. Upvoted in the meantime

0 Karma

lakshman239
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

yes, you could create roles, but not as easy as normal splunk. You need to pickup the capabilities you need and create the roles - the above article is a good starting point.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...