Splunk Enterprise Security

How to create Alert when event is ended

OnderSentira
Path Finder

Hi,

As soon as an event ends I want to create an alert and want to sent email with Shipment ID which is ended.

Example log:

EVENT GROUP A = Started en ended.

2022-12-20 10:43:04.468 +01:00 [ShipmentTransferWorker] **** Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker started. ****
2022-12-20 10:43:04.471 +01:00 [ShipmentTransferWorker] **** [Shipment Number: 000061015] ****
2022-12-20 11:06:19.097 +01:00 [ShipmentTransferWorker] **** Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker ended ****

EVENT GROUP B = Started end not ended yet.

2022-12-20 13:43:04.468 +01:00 [ShipmentTransferWorker] **** Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker started. ****
2022-12-20 13:43:04.471 +01:00 [ShipmentTransferWorker] **** [Shipment Number: 000061016] ****

My SPL

index=app sourcetype=MySource host=MyHost "ShipmentTransferWorker"
| eval Shipment_Status =if(like(_raw, "%Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker started%"),"Started", if(like(_raw, "%Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker ended%"), "Ended", NULL))
| transaction host startswith="Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker started" endswith="Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker ended" keepevicted=true 
| rex "Shipment Number: (?<ShipmentNumber>\d*)"
| eval Shipment_Status_Started =if(like(_raw, "%Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker started%"),"Started", NULL)
| eval Shipment_Status_Ended = if(like(_raw, "%Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker ended%"), "Ended", NULL) 
| table ShipmentNumber Shipment_Status_Started Shipment_Status_Ended

suppose that EVENT GROUP B ends with following event after 6 hours and then I want to create an Alert and mail with shipment number 000061016:

2022-12-20 19:43:19.097 +01:00 [ShipmentTransferWorker] **** Execution of Shipment Transfer Worker ended ****

How can I create trigger and email once the event ends?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

OnderSentira
Path Finder

I have mostly the following scenario. It is not always in sequential format.

A1 shipment started
A2 shipment started
A1 shipment ended
A2 shipment ended

0 Karma

Taruchit
Contributor

Hi @OnderSentira,

Is there a possibility that you have following scenario: -

A1 shipment started
A2 shipment started
A1 shipment ended
A2 shipment ended

Or its always in a sequential format: -

A1 shipment started
A1 shipment ended
A2 shipment started
A2 shipment ended

Thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...