Splunk Enterprise Security

How to configure Splunk Enterprise Security?

Stefanie
Builder

At my current position, I took over for someone who didn't take care of Splunk & Enterprise Security.

It looked as if it was never configured fully (Just ran through the little beginning wizard and left it).

I've gotten familiar with making my way around Enterprise Security. But there are some items that were being detected that aren't anymore! It's only detecting inactive accounts. It used to detect much more before I upgraded Splunk Enterprise Security.

After installation, what should be configured? I installed the Security Essentials app and ran through the Data inventory check, it detected some things. How do I tell Enterprise Security to look at those indexes?

I'm guessing I need to configure the CIM app? I don't know what are my next steps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...