Splunk Enterprise Security

How to configure Splunk Enterprise Security drill-down earliest offset?

martaBenedetti
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Drill-down Earliest Offset in my Notable from Adaptive Response Action.

I'd like to run the Drill-down  search setting as earliest 2 minutes before the earliest time of the search: $info_min_time$ - 2minutes.

I'm trying this configuration but seems not to work properly.

martaBenedetti_0-1657698483064.png

Is there a way to do so? Is there a way to set earliest in the Drill-down search?

Thanks a lot

Marta

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@martaBenedetti - Try just using 120

(Basically time period in seconds)

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

martaBenedetti
Path Finder

Hi @VatsalJagani ,

I've tried setting  in the drill-down offset 120 instead of 2m, the search ends but runs in a wrong range: it is as if the offset is not anymore the $info_min_time$ but the time I click on drill down.

Thanks anyway

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

@martaBenedetti 

Time in seconds - 120

Epoch - 7200 (ms)

Try - $info_min_time$-7200

Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

martaBenedetti
Path Finder

Hi @harishalipaka

I've tried setting earliest in the driil-down search as you suggested, but unfortunatly I got the same error 😞

martaBenedetti_0-1657802937431.png

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@martaBenedetti - Have you tried:

$info_min_time$ - 2m

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

martaBenedetti
Path Finder

Hi @VatsalJagani,

it is not possible to set that value in the Drill-down offset, a warning appears that the value must be an integer if not $info_min_time$.

On the other hand, I've tried setting earliest=$info_min_time$-2m in the drill-down search  with no success since when I click on drill-down this error appears:

martaBenedetti_0-1657782974195.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...