Splunk Enterprise Security

How to black list all the ports except the approved ports using interesting ports list in splunk enterprise security?

prammod123
Explorer

I would like to black list (get alert) for all the ports excepting the approved port list using interesting port list.

Please advise on the available options to achieve this.

0 Karma

Azeemering
Builder

Since the interesting ports list in ES is stored in a lookup you can build a SPL query alert based on:

|  inputlookup interesting_ports.csv

use the fields is_prohibited=true I guess.

alt text

0 Karma

prammod123
Explorer

I think re articulating the question would help to get the nearest answer.. I want to mark every other port as prohibited except the approved ports in my environment.

0 Karma

Azeemering
Builder

Same counts for that I guess. You can modify the interesting_ports.csv to match your needs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...