Splunk Enterprise Security

How to add a view to Enterprise Security?

wendtb
Path Finder

I am trying to add a view to Enterprise Security by going to Configure > General > Navigation. Here I am able to create a collection, and then add a view to that collection.

The issue I'm having is that I don't see the view that I'm looking for under the drop down. A view that I want is an overview dashboard housed in another app. How can I get that dashboard overview to show up in the view drop down list?

0 Karma
1 Solution

smoir_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's likely that the view from that app isn't getting imported into Splunk Enterprise Security. If you're using a version of Splunk Enterprise Security before 5.3.0, it uses app imports to control which knowledge objects and views are visible inside ES.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/5.2.2/Install/ImportCustomApps
Check that to make sure the app is getting imported. If it is, check that the view is shared beyond its own app.

View solution in original post

smoir_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's likely that the view from that app isn't getting imported into Splunk Enterprise Security. If you're using a version of Splunk Enterprise Security before 5.3.0, it uses app imports to control which knowledge objects and views are visible inside ES.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/5.2.2/Install/ImportCustomApps
Check that to make sure the app is getting imported. If it is, check that the view is shared beyond its own app.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...