Splunk Enterprise Security

How to add Python librarys to Splunk with PyUnicode UCS4

calcometer
Explorer

I created an custom command with iocextract Python libray inside a new Splunk app. https://github.com/InQuest/python-iocextract
sudo pip -t . iocextract
With this command I installed the libary iocextract and all the required libraries regex + ipadress successfully.
My script imports iocextractlibrary.iocextact` imports the regex library but this library has an encoding problem.

The script:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys
import os
import iocextract

from splunklib.searchcommands import \
    dispatch, StreamingCommand, Configuration, Option, validators

@Configuration()
class extractiocCommand(StreamingCommand):
    """ %(synopsis)

And when I search with index="_internal" |head 10 |table source |eval text="text" | extractioc fieldname=text kind=urls

I get this error message:

Error in 'script': Getinfo probe failed for external search command 'extractioc'.
from .regex import *
import _regex
import _regex_core
import iocextract
import regex as re
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/IocExtractor3/bin/extractioc.py", line 5, in <module>
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/IocExtractor3/bin/iocextract.py", line 10, in <module>
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/IocExtractor3/bin/regex/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/IocExtractor3/bin/regex/_regex_core.py", line 21, in <module>
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/IocExtractor3/bin/regex/regex.py", line 391, in <module>
ImportError: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/IocExtractor3/bin/regex/_regex.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_FromUnicode
Traceback (most recent call last):
The search job has failed due to an error. You may be able view the job in the Job Inspector. 

I tested my python encoding inside the folder /opt/splunk/etc/apps/IocExtractor3/bin# python

import sys
if sys.maxunicode > 65535:
 print 'UCS4 build'
else:
 print 'UCS2 build'

and get UCS4 build

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...