Splunk Enterprise Security

How to access non-threat Intelligence downloads as a file

stroud_bc
Path Finder

I have configured ES to download the list of free webmail-hosting domains below as an intelligence download (Data inputs -> Intelligence Downloads). I don't want to trigger Threat Activity results based on these domains since they include common services like outlook.com, gmail.com, yahoo, etc., so I unchecked the Is Threat Intelligence checkbox when creating the file. It has successfully downloaded the file to splunk/var/lib/splunk/modinputs/threatlist/filename.txt, but I am at a loss for how to get it into a CSV for use in search. I tried to create a lookup definition in the GUI, but I presume that dialog is only able to see CSVs which are in the /lookups directories for various apps.

Does anyone have any suggestions for using my new intelligence file as a lookup? Thanks!

hxxps://gist.githubusercontent.com/tbrianjones/5992856/raw/93213efb652749e226e69884d6c048e595c1280a/free_email_provider_domains.txt

0 Karma
1 Solution

smoir_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

smoir_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

stroud_bc
Path Finder

Thanks-- that's exactly what I was looking for!

smoir_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

glad to hear!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...