Splunk Enterprise Security

How do I calculate the Enterprise security App license usage ?

vsskishore
Explorer

How do I calculate the Enterprise security App license usage ? Is it different from the Spunk Enterprise license ? Does the ES app use the base indexes of Splunk Enterprise or does it contain separate indexes ?

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Question - How to calculate the Enterprise security App license usage ?
As per my understanding - Splunk ES is an app that sits on top of base Splunk. so, you need license for Base Splunk, that is enough.
As per below link also, Splunk Enterprise Security is a Splunk Premium Solution, which requires a Splunk Enterprise license or Splunk Cloud subscription.
Splunk Enterprise Security software is priced by how much data you send into your Splunk installation in a day.
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/pricing/faqs/cyber-security.html#Splunk-ES

Question - Is it different from spunk enterprise license ?
no. as explained above, no.. Splunk ES license is not different from splunk license.

Question - Is ES app use the base indexes of Splunk enterprise or does it contain separate indexes ?
Splunk ES uses base splunk's indexes.
and it uses some more indexes for its custom calculations.
more info here -
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/5.2.0/Install/Indexes

As you are a new user to Splunk Answers, you can upvote the answers/comments,
if this answer resolved your query, you can select this answer and "accept" it as the answer, so that this question will be moved to answered queue. Happy Splunking!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...