Splunk Enterprise Security

How do I build a search that compares 2 different indexes with 2 identical values?

itzikshviro
Explorer

Hi guys,

I need to build a search that compares 2 different indexes.

search 1 - index=indexname1 suser=username act=select
search 2 - index=indexname2 duser=username act=select

I need to compare the time stamp between the field values "suser" and "duser" (the value of "suser" and "duser" results in the same username).

Also, both indexes have the values "suser" and "duser", so it's kind of confusing.

I would like to display it on the same table.

Anyone knows how to accomplish that?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See if this helps.

(index=indexname1 suser=username act=select) OR (index=indexname2 duser=username act=select) 
| eval user=coalesce(suser, duser) 
| stats range(_time) by user
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

ssadanala1
Contributor

Give it a shot

index=indexname1 | eval suser=user |table _time user act| eval first=_time |appendcols [ search index=indexname1 | eval duser=user | eval last=_time|table _time last act] | stats values(*) as * by user .

Please let know

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...