Splunk Enterprise Security

Event from add-on Splunk app Windows source without domain name

ibabansk
Loves-to-Learn

Good afternoon! Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows version 8.0.0 Splunk TA Windows, generates a data source without a domain name, i.e. just a host name. How can I bulk configure to display hostname with domain e.g. pc1.domain.com. Use in server.conf - hostnameOption = fullyqualifiedname, you can not because you need to distribute the configuration on a large number of PC
via forwarder manager. Such a setup can be done through props and transformer

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ibabansk
Loves-to-Learn

Thank you for the solution provided, but unfortunately it is not applicable. The thing is that in fact we get two event sources Computer1 and Computer1.local.domain. If you disable Splunk Add-on for Microsoft, all events come from the source Computer1.local.domain

0 Karma

lkutch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This isn't exactly the answer to the question that you've asked, but if you're using Enterprise Security, it sounds like you could possibly use entity zones to help specify your different domains: 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/6.4.1/Admin/Entityzones

Let me know if that helps. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...