Splunk Enterprise Security

Empty Stream Capture on Notable Event's Adaptive Response Actions

b_chris21
Communicator

Hello everyone, 

I have installed Splunk Stream on a distributed environment. All stream forwarders talk to the deployment server and have the "es" template applied/enabled as I use Enterprise Security.

Streams are normally populated (tcp, http, dns and many more).

I have added on my correlation searches a Stream Capture as an adaptive response action (a 15min capture for dest_ip). A notable event is triggered and under Adaptive Responses, I see mode:saved and status:success. When I click though on the "Stream Capture" link, I get zero results.

I followed this answer  and I saw that there was already an event_type modmakestreams_results tagged as modaction_result as it was expected.

My final search is like:

tag=modaction_result orig_sid=scheduler__admin_REE.................... orig_rid=2 orig_action_name=makestreams

I see though that the event type of interest:   source=stream:makestreams_* orig_sid=* brings no results. If I remove the orig_sid=* part I get results related to notable but not related to a stream capture.

As last information, stream capture on demand is working fine and pcaps are stored in the created NFS being able to download them.

Any help would be appreciated.

With kind regards,

Chris

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...