Splunk Enterprise Security

ESS TA and other TA

xuanyun
Path Finder

Hi expert:

I'm studying ESS.
There are 3 Add-ons in ESS, Domain Add-ons, Supporting Add-ons and Technology Add-ons.
I have been monitor my Redhat OS in splunk. Forward and TA for Unix have been installed on my host.

So, what is the different between ESS TA and TA for Unix? Should I install both of them on my Unix host?

0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

Generally, you should prefer the TA's that ship with ES versus ones obtained elsewhere because many of the other TAs do not support the Common Information Model (CIM); the Unix TA that ships with ES conforms to the CIM.

Regarding DAs, SAs, and TAs: a description of the various apps included in ES are detailed in the docs.

View solution in original post

LukeMurphey
Champion

Generally, you should prefer the TA's that ship with ES versus ones obtained elsewhere because many of the other TAs do not support the Common Information Model (CIM); the Unix TA that ships with ES conforms to the CIM.

Regarding DAs, SAs, and TAs: a description of the various apps included in ES are detailed in the docs.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...