Splunk Enterprise Security

ESCU and Enterprise Security Incident Review- Why are results inconsistent?

beano501
Engager

Not sure I am missing something, but the Correlation Searches provided by ESCU are not consistent in their results. Some result is the user being indentified as in a field user_id, some in a field UserID

This is inconsistent (which I could live with), but does not match up to the fields used (by default) to identify users within Enterprise Security - Incident Review. So I need to add them to the "Incident Review - Event Attributes". 

In addition, if I am using Data Enrichment, then I also need to add to "Incident Review - Event Attributes" fields like UserID_email, UserID_bunit, UserID_category, etc....

If the ESCU could have their correlation search return a more "standard" set of fields as results, then it would make things work more "out of the box"

I appreciate that I might have missed something obvious, I and I hope I have - I value all replies

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ESCU is a Splunk-supported app so you can submit a Support request about the lack of CIM support.  If that doesn't work, try https://ideas.splunk.com

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...