Splunk Enterprise Security

Drilldown behavior on Notable Events - Drilldown to custom dashboard? (ES)

joshuamcqueen
Path Finder

Hey Splunkers,

Question about notable events. I know how to modify a correlation drill-down searches (and pass tokens into it). But lately my security analysts have been asking, "can we pass those same tokens into a dashboard?"

So can you? Is there any customization you can do to ES to specify a correlation search to drilldown into a dashboard INSTEAD of a search? This could save our analysts a LOT of time. Thanks!!

snoobzilla
Builder

I am not familiar with these dashboards, but I have done a fair amount of drilldown.

You will need a couple of things...

1. Determine params the receiving dashboard needs. If you can set it up the way they want it to be and see the params in the address bar you are most of the way there. Make a copy of this...

2. Add drilldown to starting dashboard - MAKE A CLONE FIRST... below is an example from simple xml dashboard with timepicker named timerange with table drilldown to JIRA, another dashboard, and an open search with specific parameters named in each depending on row/column clicked.

<table>
        <title>My Ttiel</title>
        <search>
          <query>mysearch | eval Events="Events" | table KER Events JIRA_Issues count </query>
          <earliest>$timerange.earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$timerange.latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="wrap">true</option>
        <option name="rowNumbers">false</option>
        <option name="drilldown">cell</option>
        <option name="dataOverlayMode">none</option>
        <option name="count">10</option>
        <drilldown target="My New Window">
          <!-- Access the input on the target form, which is in the same app  -->
          <!-- sourcetype.tok is the token for an input to the target form    -->
          <condition field="KER">
            <link>KER_RECORD_EDITOR?selectedKER=$row.KER$&amp;earliest=$timerange.earliest$&amp;latest=$timerange.latest$</link>
          </condition>
          <condition field="Events">            <link>search?q=KER=$row.KER$%20$indexes$%20eventtype=KER_HTML5_ERROR&amp;earliest=$timerange.earliest$&amp;latest=$timerange.latest$</link>
          </condition>
          <condition field="JIRA_Issues">
            <link>https://issues.paychex.com/issues/?jql=text%20~%20$row.KER$</link>
          </condition>
        </drilldown>
      </table>

0 Karma

gabriel_vasseur
Contributor

I downvoted this post because unfortunately, the question is about how to configure a correlation search drilldown in the enterprise security app, not a drilldown in a dashboard, so this doesn't help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...