Splunk Enterprise Security

Does threat intelligence work only with data Accelerated Datamodels?

harishbenne2
Explorer

Hi All,

I have enabled threat feed into my Splunk Enterprise Security app and the data was working fine until few days back when we disabled the acceleration of one of the datamodels. Since then, we are not seeing any threat activity for few of the datamodels in the setup.

Does the threat intel work only on accelerated datamodels? or is it a different issue?

Thanks in advance...!!!

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Most of the Threat Intelligence framework searches use | tstats summariesonly=true, which means they will only work with complete data model accelerations.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

harishbenne2
Explorer

Thanks for the answer Rich. The issue was that I did not accelerate all the datamodels. I have now accelerated all the datamodels and its giving expected output 🙂

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Most of the Threat Intelligence framework searches use | tstats summariesonly=true, which means they will only work with complete data model accelerations.

---

harishbenne2
Explorer

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the answer. But is there a way we can enable the TI to search for threat activity in unaccelerated datamodels?

Also, is there a way to validate if the threat activities from all the accelerated datamodels are being detected? Because I see many things that can be categorized in my Web datamodel, but are not being captured in the threat intelligence dashboards/index.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can modify the TI searches to use | tstats summariesonly=false.
I don't have an answer for the second question.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...