Splunk Enterprise Security

Create event type as alert action

hcannon
Path Finder

Splunk Enterprise Security uses "event types" as a means to suppress future alerting on a set of field values. We like this feature, but I want users to be able to add a new suppression without having to log into Splunk directly. We are setting up a Slack bot that will post user responses to a specific index in Splunk - I want to create an automated process by which the data submitted by a user can be found and create a suppression event type in Splunk.

I was hoping to be able to create eventtypes in Splunk using the rest command, but since realized that only allows GET requests - I've looked around for a "eventtype" alert action, but there isn't one that I can find. I really don't want to have write a custom script for this, but it's looking like that might be the fix.

I am looking to see if anyone has implemented anything along these lines (we can't be the only ones that don't want to have to login to ES everytime we put in a suppression!) and how it was done. Or if anyone has any creative ideas for automation around creating eventtypes in Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...