Splunk Enterprise Security

Create a search to find Average time taken to close an incident from the time it opens

vatsalyay

Hello,

I want to create a search for the average time taken to close an incident in ES, after it closes from the time incident is opened.

Since my organization only works on weekdays, I would like to exclude time for any Saturday or Sunday from average time.

I found this link -https://answers.splunk.com/answers/684817/help-creating-a-table-that-shows-incident-review-m.html

But the search provided does not seem to be working.

I need the final output as - 3 days, 3 hours, 2 minutes

All help is greatly appriciated

I found the below search to give me the exact output -
| tstats summariesonly earliest(_time) as _time from datamodel=Incident_Management.Notable_Events_Meta by source,Notable_Events_Meta.rule_id | drop_dm_object_name("Notable_Events_Meta") | get_correlations | get_current_status | search status_label="Closed" | eval ttc=mvindex(review_time, 0) | eval ttc=ttc-_time | stats count avg(ttc) as avg_ttc,max(ttc) as max_ttc by rule_name | sort - avg_ttc | uptime2string(avg_ttc, avg_ttc) | uptime2string(max_ttc, max_ttc) | rename _ttc as (time_to_closure) | fields - *_dec

But I still am not sure how to exclude weekends from it.

0 Karma

vatsalyay

@AndySplunks

0 Karma

vatsalyay

@FrankVl It is something what you have done for
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/751764/how-to-count-only-business-days.html?sort=oldest

But in my case I would need final output like - 3 days, 3 hours, 2 minutes, Can you please help?

0 Karma

vatsalyay

@martin_mueller

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...