Splunk Enterprise Security

Correlation Search has stopped generating notable events

jpawloski
Path Finder

I have a Correlation Search that ceased generating notable events without any sort of change or adjustment to the search itself. It fired a few weeks ago but hasn't fired since. The SPL itself runs when run manually from the search app, will send emails as a saved search, but simple refuses to generate notable events. I reviewed the internal logs and it shows that the search is running successfully but always with zero results. That's despite the fact that when run manually over the same time frame events are returned.

The search has some regex, a few macros, lookups, stats, nothing out of the norm for my other searches that are firing reliably. It's run twice an hour on a cron. Again nothing out of the norm. Has anyone ever encountered and eventually over come this type of issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...