Splunk Enterprise Security

Connection not secure : splunk web with https when using internal cert

Ksr1982
Explorer

My settings in web.conf

enableSplunkWebSSL = True
privKeyPath = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/myxxx/private.key
serverCert = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/myxxx/web.pem (conatins server cer, Intermediate ca and root ca)
requireClientCert = false

Getting error in browser > NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

splunkd.log

SSLCommon - Received fatal SSL3 alert. ssl_state='SSLv3 read client key exchange A', alert_description='certificate unknown'.
HttpListener - Socket error from x.x.x.x:xxxx while idling: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown

All configuration seems correct. anyone resolved similar issue.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)

jackal713
Path Finder

Did you ever get any where on this issue?

I have the same symptom (NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID) but I have a different error in my splunkd.log

Just in case anyone is wondering, the error I'm getting is "WARN HttpListener - Socket error from 127.0.0.1:6252 while idling: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...