Splunk Enterprise Security

Connection not secure : splunk web with https when using internal cert

Ksr1982
Explorer

My settings in web.conf

enableSplunkWebSSL = True
privKeyPath = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/myxxx/private.key
serverCert = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/myxxx/web.pem (conatins server cer, Intermediate ca and root ca)
requireClientCert = false

Getting error in browser > NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

splunkd.log

SSLCommon - Received fatal SSL3 alert. ssl_state='SSLv3 read client key exchange A', alert_description='certificate unknown'.
HttpListener - Socket error from x.x.x.x:xxxx while idling: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown

All configuration seems correct. anyone resolved similar issue.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)

jackal713
Path Finder

Did you ever get any where on this issue?

I have the same symptom (NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID) but I have a different error in my splunkd.log

Just in case anyone is wondering, the error I'm getting is "WARN HttpListener - Socket error from 127.0.0.1:6252 while idling: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...