Splunk Enterprise Security

Command to set up ES 6.0.2 from CLI?

martinnepolean
Explorer

I have the below command to setup ES through CLI but looking only juniper add-on to get install. Please let me know the command for it.

I remember that we have the option to see the essential command arguments from Splunk server.

Please let me know the file which has the command argument details.

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk search '| essinstall --deployment_type

shc_deployer --skip-ta'

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If you have a file with all the details, what more do you need? Try examining the code at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SplunkEnterpriseSecurity/bin/essinstall.py
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can specify the names of the add-ons to install, skip, or disable on the command line.  See the documentation at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/6.2.0/Install/InstallEnterpriseSecurity#Install_Splunk_Ente...

You must know the name(s) of the subdirectories for each add-on.  AFAIK, there is no command to display those names prior to installing ES.

---
0 Karma

martinnepolean
Explorer

Thanks @ricm , Do you know how can I view the essinstall command parameters? John Welch from splunk support showed me a file  which has all the details about essinstall command

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If you have a file with all the details, what more do you need? Try examining the code at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SplunkEnterpriseSecurity/bin/essinstall.py
---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...