Splunk Enterprise Security

Command to set up ES 6.0.2 from CLI?

martinnepolean
Explorer

I have the below command to setup ES through CLI but looking only juniper add-on to get install. Please let me know the command for it.

I remember that we have the option to see the essential command arguments from Splunk server.

Please let me know the file which has the command argument details.

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk search '| essinstall --deployment_type

shc_deployer --skip-ta'

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If you have a file with all the details, what more do you need? Try examining the code at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SplunkEnterpriseSecurity/bin/essinstall.py
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can specify the names of the add-ons to install, skip, or disable on the command line.  See the documentation at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/6.2.0/Install/InstallEnterpriseSecurity#Install_Splunk_Ente...

You must know the name(s) of the subdirectories for each add-on.  AFAIK, there is no command to display those names prior to installing ES.

---
0 Karma

martinnepolean
Explorer

Thanks @ricm , Do you know how can I view the essinstall command parameters? John Welch from splunk support showed me a file  which has all the details about essinstall command

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If you have a file with all the details, what more do you need? Try examining the code at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SplunkEnterpriseSecurity/bin/essinstall.py
---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...