Splunk Enterprise Security

Asset and Identity management multi valued

inayath_khanin1
Explorer

Identity: 314 assets are currently exceeding the field limits set in the Asset and Identity Management page. Data truncation will occur unless the field limits are increased. Sources: [merge].

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

@inayath_khanin1   The above error indicates that during the asset merge process, you have one of the 'key' entries exceeding the multi-value limit setup in the AssetFields page under 'Asset and Identity managent' UI ( you can access  in the ES app via Configure -> Data enrichment -> Asset and Identity managent).  Look at the all the key fields and the multi-value limit. Additionally, you can also check something like this (pick up any field you want to test, e.g. ip which has a mv limit of 6 by default

|`assets` | eval my_mvcount = count(ip) | stats count by my_mvcount | where my_mvcount > 3

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the lookup contents but you probably hit the issue with some changes after ES upgrade.

In my case I needed to disable merging identities because for some unknown reason it was creating a ridiculous lookup entries

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/6.6.0/Admin/Merge

If you have distributed environment, you might not be able to disable merge from webui.  Then you need to fiddle with inputs.conf from SA-IdentityManagement app to disable merge of particular set of assets or identities.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...