Splunk Enterprise Security

Alert Trigger send token to Drill Down

willadams
Contributor

I am using Enterprise Security and most of our searches are correlation searches. One of my searches is not able to be done in a correlation search so I have resorted to just an alert which then sends a notable event to ES (this is because I need a per event trigger which correlation doesn't let me do). The alert works and gives me the details I want in ES (basic info such as user details). However I would like a drill down search to open something like a table view with additional information. The problem is that I can't seem to find a way to add the token from the notable event to the drill down. For example my search is

index=foo sourcetype=goo
| bin _time span=5m
| stats count by user src

The alert is configured as

Alert Type = real-time
Trigger Alert when "per-result"
Suppression = 8 hours based on user field
Trigger action ==> when triggered - Notable

The notable trigger event can't be edited.

I then went into the advanced edit options of this alert and configured a drill down to be as follows (note $user$)

index=foo sourcetype=goo $user$
| bin _time span=5m
| where count > 10
| table src user count

I thought this may be because I am passing the wrong token, so I edited the code as follows (note $result.user) but still no go

index=foo sourcetype=goo $result.user$
| bin _time span=5m
| where count > 10
| table src user count

Is there a way this can be done? Do I need to maybe in code generate the token to then be used (i.e. like a dashboard "set token"?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...