Splunk Enterprise Security

Alarms

dani9
Explorer

Hi questions:

1) Splunk enterprise security already has some rules from default inside? When you buy it I mean

2) where can I create rules in it? do they have to be created from splunk enterprise and exported into there or Can I create them inside that (Where)

3) do you know any free course about it to advice?

4) Risk analysis panel in it is used more for?

5) Splunk enterprise security needs one license apart other than that splunk enterprise?

6) How much does a license of that cost?

7) where can be created alarms in it? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1) Yes.  There are many built-in correlation searches ("rules").

2) From the Enterprise Security app, go to Configure->Content Management, click the green button, and select "New Correlation Search".

3) There are no free courses for Enterprise Security.

4) The Risk Analysis panel is used for analyzing risk.  For most correlation searches, a successful search will assign a risk score to the assets and/or identities found.  The RA dashboard is used to study the assets and identities which have risk scores.

5) Yes.

6) Contact for your Splunk Account or Sales team for ES license cost.  The cost is directly related to the volume of data your Splunk environment ingests.

7) Splunk calls alarms "alerts".  In any search panel, create a search for the event(s) for which you want an alert.  When you have a working search that produces the desired results, click the Save As link and select Alert.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...