Splunk Enterprise Security

Adding an Azure sign in field to Splunk ES authentication data model

jwalzerpitt
Influencer

We recently started to ingest Microsoft's Azure sign-in events and one thing I've noticed are some values from the clientAppUsed field throws off the Geographically Improbable Access Detected alert.

I stopped the acceleration on the Authentication data model so I could go in and see if I could add the field clientAppUsed, but it's not coming up a field to be added (using the 'Add Auto-Extracted Field' option).

If I run a search on index=azuread the clientAppUsed field is parsed automatically, but it seems to not present itself within the Authentication data model.

How can I add the clientAppUsed field in the Authentication data model so I can then work to filter some values out to fix the false positives in the Geographically Improbable Access Detected alert?

Thx

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...