Splunk Enterprise Security

Add additional log types to a dataset

nb1030

In the Threat Activity Detected IR correlation search, it calls for stuff from the "Threat Intelligence" Data Model. As an example, an IP has been found to be malicious, and it only reports on DNS logs within my environment. What do I need to do to the "IP Intel" Dataset to have it include logs from my firewall? Would I just need to add "index=checkpoint sourcetype=opsec" to the current base search for "IP Intel"? What I am trying to accomplish is to have the results not only show the DNS logs for that IP, but also include the firewall logs. This way I can have the alert only fire when it sees DNS and a connection outbound to that IP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Karma

nb1030

Another example why I need to figure this out, are that any correlation searches that state "from datamodel" dealing with windows events are only giving me logs from one index, "winevent". I also have an index "dc_winevent" and one called "rc_winevent". Why are these not being searched\parsed out by the datasets? How do I add them?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...