Splunk Enterprise Security

Adaptive Response Action Send email not sending results

MaverickT
Communicator

We made a clean installation of on-prem Splunk Enterprise 8.0.9 and Enterprise Security 6.4.0. When correlation search returns results, we would like to append these results to an email via adaptive response action "Send Email".  We had selected the option to include an inline-table, but regardless of this setting, the table with results is still not added to the email.

There are two additional  findings we discovered:

1. If we try to append results of standard alert search (non-correlation search) to an email it works.
  2. If we set sendresults = 1 in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/alert_actions.conf it also works but not for all correlation searches...

Has anybody encountered such problems and how did you solve it?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

thangbui
Engager

I am also facing this problem. Does anyone have a solution to this problem yet?

0 Karma

teunlaan
Contributor

Made a report to Splunk > Fixed in ES  6.6.0

Workaround:  openen your alert in "searches, reports & Alerts" and Save it again. then it should work

0 Karma

thangbui
Engager

Thank you so much, It's worked for me!

0 Karma

teunlaan
Contributor

Did you get a solution for this?

We are seeing the same thing. 

I did some tests and it looks like  the following option in not set in the savedsearches.conf :

action.email.sendresults = 1

It always is 0 (and doesnt send anything) whatever you select. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...