Splunk Enterprise Security

Adapt the information in my logs to the CIM model so that the data models work

jo54
Loves-to-Learn Lots

For example, one field of the email data model is "recipient" and it comes from the tag=email.

However, my email information comes from the Microsoft O365 integration, where the recipient information is given in a field called "ExchangeDetails.Recipients{}".

As far as I have been able to understand, I have to modify the "email" tag, in "Event Types" to look in "index=o365 Workload=Exchange" for email related logs. And after that, I have to create an alias so that "ExchangeDetails.Recipients{}" is equivalent to "recipient" as indicated in the data model.

Is that correct?

Thank you for your assistance

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jo54 

You are correct change the event_type with MS 365 email logs for tag=email and alias it to receipient should work fine.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...