Splunk Data Stream Processor

Test search with stats function "|inputlookup app_usage.csv | stats perc(Webmail, 10.0)"

athlonshi
Engager

New to Splunk and experimenting a couple of functionalities, especially data aggregation

With the experimental file app_usage.csv, I was trying to see the percentile of Webmail using 

|inputlookup app_usage.csv | stats perc(Webmail, 10.0)

but it returns error 

Percentile must be a floating point number that is >= 0 and < 100.

Not sure what to do, tried to cast Webmail to float also failed

|inputlookup app_usage.csv | eval Webmail=cast(Webmail, 'float')

with error

Error in 'eval' command: The 'cast' function is unsupported or undefined.

cast should be in the eval command, right? Based on the documentation. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am not sure what the data that you are using is or what you are trying to get out of it but try

|inputlookup app_usage.csv | stats perc10(Webmail)

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am not sure what the data that you are using is or what you are trying to get out of it but try

|inputlookup app_usage.csv | stats perc10(Webmail)

athlonshi
Engager

Just using the sample data to MLT and experimenting with it. Interesting that Splunk doc has perc as a stats function but it did not work. Yes, your way works. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...