Splunk Data Stream Processor

How to load balance toward DSP cluster - What are network prereq for DSP cluster ?

ldongradi_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

Gravity inline documentation mentions the Load Balancing has to be handled outside of their cluster (from a DNS ?). But they are not explicit on the need for a virtual ip address to be set before the installation.

What are the network prerequisites for a DSP installation in a cluster ?

• Do we need a DNS load balancer ?
  • A VIP set before the installation ?
  • Can we rely on the first node (master/controlplane) IP address, then switch to another ?
  • The low latency network mentioned as good practice between gravity nodes communication in DSP deployment procedure: do we have additional info about its' requirements ?

Then another question :

• Can I start with a DSP standalone deployment, and make it a cluster later on ?
  • Obviously the standalone would be for testing/demoing while the hacluster would be for production, but this can be usefull for testing as well
Labels (1)
0 Karma

Mugugno

Hi, did you get more information about this topic ? I have the same questions..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...