Splunk Cloud Platform

Unable to access Splunk Trial Cloud instance, logs aren't sending data (error: 'Login Failed')

gcoffeycs
Engager

I started my trial on May 21st and all was fine until I tried to log in today May 26th; it won't accept the admin creds & other user accounts are also unable to login.

The only error returned is 'Login Failed'. I'm unable to raise a support ticket, not entitled & the accounts team told me to post here, not great.

I have checked the logs for the universal forwarders and they have stopped sending data, the Splunk Cloud instance is refusing the connection (assuming the UF credentials have changed).

There seems to be nothing I can do, I can't request a new instance; not really a great customer experience.

Any help or pointers with how to resolve this (or who to contact) would be appreciated.

Labels (1)

Sisikon

Still have no access to the Splunk Cloud (login did not work).

Would it be possible to reset it or delete the splunk cloud to re-order it ?

0 Karma

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've spoken to our Support Department, and if you call into our Support Line, they now have a process to work through a password reset with you. We're working on adding a self-password-reset to Trials for this issue in the future.

0 Karma

saimasai
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi,

I registered last night for Splunk Enterprise Security Sandbox. Tried to login using correct credentials but it failed. Requested password reset and got temporary password but didn't work with all three browsers.

May I please know if the user to login here is admin or it is user we register on Splunk in first place? either way the authentication failed.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Saima

0 Karma

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@saimasai the username should be provided in the email to you after you sign up. Did that combination not work?

0 Karma

saimasai
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thanks for your response.

Yes unfortunately it didn't work and the demo duration is expiring.

Regards,

Saima

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...