Splunk Cloud Platform

Unable to access Splunk Trial Cloud instance, logs aren't sending data (error: 'Login Failed')

gcoffeycs
Engager

I started my trial on May 21st and all was fine until I tried to log in today May 26th; it won't accept the admin creds & other user accounts are also unable to login.

The only error returned is 'Login Failed'. I'm unable to raise a support ticket, not entitled & the accounts team told me to post here, not great.

I have checked the logs for the universal forwarders and they have stopped sending data, the Splunk Cloud instance is refusing the connection (assuming the UF credentials have changed).

There seems to be nothing I can do, I can't request a new instance; not really a great customer experience.

Any help or pointers with how to resolve this (or who to contact) would be appreciated.

Labels (1)

raghuvarma
Observer

Login failed

I just created a trial account with cloud instance, when I click "Access Instance" a new tab opens up where I enter my credentials, but I'm getting "login failed".

0 Karma

oberljn_
Loves-to-Learn

Also same issue. On Chrome. I tried clearing cache and resetting the instance password. Still, login failed.

0 Karma

oberljn_
Loves-to-Learn

Use sc_admin

0 Karma

mmz84
Engager

Same problem here.

I´ve just started the splunk cloud trial, but I´m unable to login.

I´ve reseted the password several times from the instance menu, but the temporary passwords do not work. Tried with several browsers also, no luck.

Did anyone found the solution?

oberljn_
Loves-to-Learn

Try user "sc_admin".

But to document all the things I did do before using that user:

- Reset instance password (waited more than 10m for the email).

- Cleared Chrome's cache.

Those didn't work. But once I used sc_admin and the temporary reset password, it prompted me for a new password and was in!

0 Karma

akki124

THank you man it worked

0 Karma

Sriram_Aruna
Observer

what worked for you. please explain and help

0 Karma

eugene159
Engager

Login failed

I just created a trial account with cloud instance, when I click "Access Instance" a new tab opens up where I enter my credentials, but I'm getting "login failed".

oberljn_
Loves-to-Learn

try user: sc_admin

0 Karma

Yurii_K
Engager

Hi there!

I just created an instance of 'Splunk cloud' trial and I cannot login into it. I tried to reset the password and enter the temporary password from the email, but this also didn't work. I would appreciate it if you advise me on what shall I do next. I use Chrome browser.

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@Yurii_K ,

If you have used a Splunk Trial before, I'd recommend clearing cache (I have this issue with my personal instance every once in a while) and trying again, trying a non-cached browser session, or trying another browser to log into that new trial instance.

Let me know how you go,
Brenden

0 Karma

Yurii_K
Engager

Hi @brreeves_splunk,
Thank you for the prompt reply. I tried to clean the cache of Chrome browser and even to use another browser (Microsoft Edge) to log in, but unfortunately I received the same result:  'Login failed'. Do I need to provide you with any data from my side, which can help to resolve this issue?

0 Karma

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@Yurii_K unfortunately I'm not sure how much I can help here. A sales representative should be reaching out about the Trial and you can work with them, or you can call our Support lines below for some assistance from our Customer Service group. Customer Support is a paid service, but we want you to have a great experience with Splunk, so we will do what we can to assist.

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/about-splunk/contact-us.html#tabs/tab_parsys_tabs_CustomerSupport_4

0 Karma

TanmoyNandy
Observer

I am getting same login failed issues with 2 different email ids and 2 different cloud instances

0 Karma

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@TanmoyNandy ,

There is now a Forgot Password function in the GUI for you all to have an automated way to get through this. It has been tested and confirmed to work. Have you tried this process on the trials?

0 Karma

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@gcoffeycs,

Brenden here, Manager for the Splunk>Cloud Network Operations Center in AMER.

I'm sorry to hear you ran into some issues with your trial instance. In an attempt to make the automation and experience around the trials better, and provide you with a trial on the latest platforms and technologies we've put into Splunk>Cloud, we missed a trial-configuration piece that caused this. We have now remediated the service and you should be able to use the service as intended. If you still cannot log in, we have confirmed that new instances have the fix in place, so you can sign up with another email address and should be all good to go. If you have trouble doing this, feel free to reply and I'll get you taken care of.

With regard to the lack of Support on Trials, we are exploring options for this, and are aware of your discussion with the account team. I will follow up with them to make that experience better as well.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

splunkster9000
Loves-to-Learn

I am having the same "Login Failed" - I have tried everything I've found here, no joy. Did the reset process yesterday, didn't help. Now when I click "Reset Password" I get a dialog box saying "Contact Support".

My username and password work just fine logging into my account, work fine logging into the community site. It simply will not get me logged into the cloud trial.

What is the world does it take to get access to the trial?

0 Karma

panjoyce
Engager

@brreeves_splunk  Hello there - I just created an instance within the last hour and am experiencing the same issue.  Would you be able to assist pls? Thank you Brenden!

0 Karma

brreeves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

G'day @panjoyce ,

The original problem was an infrastructure-wide issue that has been resolved.

• Were you able to log in before?
  • Since you posted this, have you been able to log in again?

My apologies for the delay.

-Brenden

0 Karma

panjoyce
Engager

Hi @brreeves_splunk  - yes, thank you for following up. The original Splunk cloud email was blocked so I wasn't receiving the correct credentials for Splunk Trial Cloud. I was able to log in after that was resolved.

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...