Splunk Cloud Platform

How can one change the ITSI status of multiple episodes at once?

keesling
Engager

How can one change the ITSI status of multiple episodes at once?  I need to close numerous old episodes and don't have time to do it individually.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

alemarzu
Motivator

Hi @keesling
Have you tried by holding shift and left-click over them to multi-select? 

0 Karma

keesling
Engager

I had not, but while this works, it is limited to 100 episodes at a time, and I have over 100,000 to modify.

0 Karma

alemarzu
Motivator

Hmm, perhaps through the Rest API's but I never tried it before, not in bulk at least. But due to the amount of episodes you want to delete I believe the best approach would be a script to iterate on each individual _key episode record.

If you run this search you will have access to a list of episodes and their status, perhaps you could filter by them and making sure that all the episodes you want to keep are assigned and with other status than 1 (progress).

So first get the keys for the episodes for deletion and export to .*txt or w/e.

| inputlookup itsi_notable_group_user_lookup
  • 1 - New
  • 2 - In Progress
  • 3 - Pending
  • 4 - Resolved
  • 5 - Closed

Build a script to read the file and for each key execute, make sure this is the right path (I'm pretty tired)

curl -k -u admin:password https://localhost:8089/servicesNS/nobody/SA-ITOA/event_management_interface/notable_event_group/\?filter\='\{"_key":"004b2eed-4551-481f-9487-9cf96b58e59d"\}' -X DELETE

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/4.6.0/RESTAPI/ITSIRESTAPIreference#event_management_inter...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...