Splunk Cloud Platform

few options not available in splunk cloud

rajiv_r
Explorer

where do i find the CREATE EVENT , SAVE SEARCH and ACCESS CONTROL options in Splunk cloud. I have installed the splunk on my local machine and there i can see all the options but in Splunk cloud i cannot see these options. Like if i have to go to the access control i should go to the settings options but in cloud i could not see the Access control options in the settings even though i have a ADMIN access

Tags (1)
0 Karma

amiracle
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The difference is when you're running in Splunk Cloud you have sc_admin, which is different from the admin role. See the description found in the Splunk Cloud Service Description : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/Service/SplunkCloudservice#Users_and_authen...

" For the customer's administrator users, Splunk Cloud provides the sc_admin role, which has the capabilities required to administer Splunk Cloud. You can use the Splunk Cloud sc_admin role for your administrator to perform self-service tasks such as installing apps, creating and managing indexes, and managing users and their passwords. Splunk Cloud does not support direct access to infrastructure, so you do not have command-line access to Splunk Cloud. This means that any supported task that requires command-line access is performed by Splunk on your behalf."

0 Karma

rajiv_r
Explorer

Thanks for your answer..also i need one more help..i cannot find a dark theme option in dashboard for splunk cloud. Can you please tell me from where i could find the dark theme options in splunk cloud dashboard

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...