Splunk Cloud Platform

Why the error during Splunk Cloud custom app installation?

alexspunkshell
Contributor

I want to install a custom app "Splunk Health Care Centre" in Splunk cloud.

So i replicated the existing "Search & Reporting app" and sent to the cloud team.

But the cloud team is getting below error and they are unable to install the custom app.

Please help here.

====================================================================

#Custom 8.2.6 - SplunkHealthCareCentre

JavaScript file standards

[failure] Check for usages of telemetry metrics in JavaScript

The telemetry operations are not permitted. Match: splunkUtil.trackEvent File: appserver/static/get_html_dashboard_count.js Line Number: 7

Directory structure standards Ensure that the directories and files in the app adhere to hierarchy standards.

[failure] Check that the file 'local.meta' does not exist. All metadata permissions should be set in 'default.meta'.

Do not supply a local.meta file- put all settings in default.meta. File: metadata/local.meta

[failure] Check that when decompressed the Splunk app directory name matches the id property in the [package] stanza in app.conf. For Cloud apps, the id property must exist and match the app directory name. For on-premise apps, if the id property exists, it must match the app directory name; if there is no id property, check_for_updates must be set to False in app.conf for the check to pass.

The `app.conf` [package] stanza does not exist. Please disable `check_for_updates` or set the `id` property in the [package] stanza. File: default/app.conf

==========================================================================

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

@alexspunkshell hi,

You could test this app vetting on your machine before submitting a case to Splunk support.

You could use splunk add-on builder for this situation and as the above warnings provided by splunk support, once all the errors are cleared and when you submit the app in a new package, splunk support will schedule a deployment.

hope this helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...