Splunk Cloud Platform

Why is drilldown on dashboard not working properly?

jhilton90
Path Finder

I have a dashboard which displays information about password resets and I have a bar chart showing the top 20 accounts that have reset their passwords, code as follows:

index=keycloak "fields.environment"=production redirect_uri=* type=UPDATE_PASSWORD 
| rename customerReferenceAccountId as AccountID | top AccountID limit=20

This displays as a bar chat absolutely fine, however what I'm trying to achieve is to be able to click one of the bars in this chart, which will then display a table with AccountID, username, userId, redirect_uri, ipAddress, _time. Code as follows:

index=keycloak "fields.environment"=production customerReferenceAccountId=$AccountID$ type=UPDATE_PASSWORD 
| table $AccountID$, username, userId, redirect_uri, ipAddress, _time

In the first table I have set the "On Click" with a value of "Manage tokens on this dashboard" as follows: Set AccountID = $click.value$.

However, when I click on one of the bars, the table below isn't displaying any information, I just get "No results found" but I know that there are results

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

index=keycloak "fields.environment"=production customerReferenceAccountId=$AccountID|s$ type=UPDATE_PASSWORD 
| table customerReferenceAccountId, username, userId, redirect_uri, ipAddress, _time

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Run the dashboard.
Click "Edit".
Scroll to your panel.
In the upper-right corner, click on the snowman menu and select "Edit Drilldown".
In the popup that opens, select "Link to Search".
In the redrawn popup, select, "Custom".
Paste this in it: index="keycloak" AND fields.environment="production" AND customerReferenceAccountId="$click.value$" AND type="UPDATE_PASSWORD" | table AccountID, username, userId, redirect_uri, ipAddress, _time
Or maybe something like this: |inputlookup foo WHERE AccountID="$click.value$"
Save it all.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=keycloak "fields.environment"=production customerReferenceAccountId=$AccountID$ type=UPDATE_PASSWORD 
| table customerReferenceAccountId, username, userId, redirect_uri, ipAddress, _time
0 Karma

jhilton90
Path Finder

That doesn't work I'm afraid

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

index=keycloak "fields.environment"=production customerReferenceAccountId=$AccountID|s$ type=UPDATE_PASSWORD 
0 Karma

jhilton90
Path Finder

Isn't that the same? I tried it but it didn't work

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, it uses |s to make the token a string - without more detail on what your events look like and what exactly isn't working, it is a little difficult to make other suggestions. If you want more help, please provide more detail on what your issues are

0 Karma

jhilton90
Path Finder

No it's okay you were right, I had a typo

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...