Splunk Cloud Platform

Why am I unable to open my Splunk Cloud rest-api URL's in my local machine?

krishnabv
Explorer

Hi Team,

I am unable to open my splunk cloud rest-api URL's in my local machine. Do we need to enable something in my local machine. Please find the error below.

Thanks,
Venkata Krishna

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Azeemering
Builder

Hi,

Did you read the following?:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.2.2203/RESTTUT/RESTandCloud

Accessing the Splunk Cloud Platform REST API

You might need to take extra steps to access your Splunk Cloud Platform deployment using the Splunk REST API and SDKs. If necessary, you can get access with one of the following options:

• Use the Admin Config Service (ACS) API search-api/ipallowlists endpoint to add IP addresses to the search-api allow list. For more information about the search-api/ipallowlists endpoint, see Configure IP allow lists for Splunk Cloud Platform.
  • Submit a support case requesting access using the Splunk Support Portal. Splunk Support opens port 8089 for REST access. You can specify a range of IP addresses to control who can access the REST API, so make sure your request includes the IP addresses or CIDR ranges that you want access from.

Free trial Splunk Cloud Platform accounts cannot access the REST API.

Once you have REST API access, you can make calls with a local account, an LDAP account, or a SAML account. To learn more about setting up authentication with tokens, see Set up authentication with tokens.

Use the following URL for Splunk Cloud Platform deployments:

https://<deployment-name>.splunkcloud.com:8089

0 Karma

krishnabv
Explorer

Hi @Azeemering ,

Thanks for your reply, after configuring ip-allow list in Splunk cloud server it is working.

Thanks,
VenkataKrishna

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...