Splunk Cloud Platform

Why am I not getting metrics using splunk-otel-collector-chart?

arusoft
Communicator

Hi

I tried following steps from below github to get Kubernetes metrics

https://github.com/signalfx/splunk-otel-collector-chart

Here is the code I used and I am getting logs in main index k8main , but no data in metrics index k8metrics.

helm install my-splunk-otel-collector --set="splunkPlatform.endpoint=XXXXX,
splunkPlatform.token=YYYYY,
splunkPlatform.index=k8main,
splunkPlatform.metricsEnabled=true,
splunkPlatform.metricsIndex=k8metrics,
splunkPlatform.insecureSkipVerify=true,
clusterName=splunk-cluster" splunk-otel-collector-chart/splunk-otel-collector

Here is the error i am getting

error exporterhelper/queued_retry.go:395 Exporting failed. The error is not retryable. Dropping data. {"kind": "exporter", "data_type": "metrics", "name": "splunk_hec/platform_metrics", "error": "Permanent error: \"HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request\\r\\nContent-Length: 60\\r\\nConnection: Keep-Alive\\r\\nContent-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8\\r\\nDate: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:44:09 GMT\\r\\nServer: Splunkd\\r\\nVary: Authorization\\r\\nX-Content-Type-Options: nosniff\\r\\nX-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN\\r\\n\\r\\n{\\\"text\\\":\\\"Incorrect index\\\",\\\"code\\\":7,\\\"invalid-event-number\\\":1}\"", "dropped_items": 27}

Can someone please advice on how to get metrics in the above scenario.

Thank You.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)

iacine
Engager

Hello, I have the same error do you have resolved your issue ? Regards

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...