Splunk Cloud Platform

What do I do about this message: Splunk Cloud upgrade Universal Forwarder certificate package?

splunkcol
Builder

Hello,

"The ingestion certificates on xxxx Splunk Cloud environment xxx Universal Forwarder certificate package, will be expiring on x/xx/2022. In order to ensure that ingestion is not disrupted, we have rolled out an updated Universal Forwarder (UF) package to your customer’s Splunk Cloud Platform stack. The operational contacts have been informed of this information via xxxx. They will need to install this updated package on all forwarders connecting to their Splunk Cloud Stack as soon as possible. We are asking you to please reach out to your customer and verify they are aware that they are responsible for rolling out this package and should do so immediately."

I have received a message from splunk and I would like you to please confirm if what I must do is related to this link https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Forwarder/9.0.1/Forwarder/ConfigSCUFCredentials?ref=hk#Howtofo...

splunkcol_0-1661352998628.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, those are the instructions for individual Linux forwarders.  If you use a deployment server then follow the relevant instructions in the same document.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, those are the instructions for individual Linux forwarders.  If you use a deployment server then follow the relevant instructions in the same document.

---

splunkcol
Builder

It is a heavy forwarder only that points to Splunk Cloud, that is to say that I only have to:

1. Download the splunkclouduf.spl file again from splunk cloud

2. SSH into the Heavy forwarder and put the splunkclouduf.spl file in a temporary folder

3. Enter the splunk bin folder and run this command

/opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunk install app /tmp/splunkclouduf.spl

4. enter the credentials of the HV and that's it?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, that's it.

---

splunkcol
Builder

Thank you very much for the help

Sorry for the bad translation I used

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...