Splunk Cloud Platform

Tstats on lookup hosts

szukaczov
Engager

Hello,

I have below TSTATS command which is checking the specifig index population with events per day:

| tstats count WHERE (index=_internal AND sourcetype=splunkd) OR (index=B) by host,sourcetype,index,_time span=1d

I would like to modify it to run the search on only hosts which are in the lookup list servers.csv. 

Can you please help me with modification? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think I see the problem.  An "AND" was missing before the subsearch.  I've corrected my original answer.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Add the lookup in a subsearch with the where clause.

| tstats count WHERE (index=_internal AND sourcetype=splunkd) OR (index=B) AND [ | inputlookup servers.csv | return 1000 host] by host,sourcetype,index,_time span=1d

---

szukaczov
Engager

Thank you @richgalloway , for your assistance. I have checked the query and I have error:

"may have returned partial results. Try running your search again. If you see this error repeatedly, review search.log for details or contact your Splunk administrator."

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you follow the instructions in the error message?  What did you see in search.log?

---
0 Karma

diirn
Explorer

I think here is the error:

"

08-06-2021 07:34:37.521 ERROR TsidxStats [60531 searchOrchestrator] - Incorrect WHERE clause : [ AND 1000 csv host inputlookup list return server splunk [ OR index::* [ AND index::_internal sourcetype::splunkd ] ] ] 

"

08-06-2021 07:34:37.521 ERROR TsidxStats [60531 searchOrchestrator] - WHERE clause is not an exact query

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think I see the problem.  An "AND" was missing before the subsearch.  I've corrected my original answer.

---

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your problem is resolved, then please click the "Accept as Solution" button to help future readers.

---
0 Karma

diirn
Explorer

Thank you very much, I think the problem is solved! 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...